Pulses will take centre stage in Victoria’s Wimmera later in 2018 at the annual Southern Pulse Agronomy Pulse Field Day. To be held on Thursday, October 25 2018, in conjunction with Pulse Breeding Australia, the field day at Vectis is supported by the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC), Seednet, PBSeeds, AGT Foods Australia and Agriculture Victoria.
The field day will feature:
- The latest lentil, chickpea, field pea and faba bean varieties and agronomy
- New varieties available for sowing in 2019
- An update on research into herbicide tolerance
- Recommended sowing dates and phosphorus nutrition
- Disease management
- Commentary from grain marketers.
Researchers, industry agronomists and grain marketers will be in attendance to answer growers’ questions.
Located on Remlaw Station Road at Vectis, north of the Wimmera Highway, the field day will be from 9am to 1pm.
Further details are available from Jason Brand of Agriculture Victoria, phone 0409 357076 or email email@example.com.
Featured Image: 2017’s well attended Southern Pulse Agronomy Pulse Field Day at Rupanyup. Photo: Agriculture Victoria